Monday, June 19, 2006

Time is so relative...

I'd arranged to meet a friend in her hotel in Paris at 18.00.

I arrived really punctually to find her not quite ready, as her watch had stopped at 17.30 - but not quite stopped. She panicked because she needed to have a reliable watch for her busy schedule over the next 10 days. Instead of buying a new watch battery, we resorted to programming her mobile phone as a clock.

After kirs and a meal we checked timepieces again. Yes, it was 22.00 - only it wasn't ! My watch had obviously stopped for 30 mins before I had routinely wound it up that morning and Diane's time had been right all along. I had been existing in a different time plane and travelling so fast my memory had been erased and I forgot to take her World Access phone numbers with me.

Just wait till I get a go on those wormhole things in the space-time continuum.

No comments: