Tuesday, October 31, 2006

View from a kitchen


This is the view from my kitchen window in Paris - when I open the window fully, that is - which I only do in cases of noxious fume build-up. Normally the view is veiled by a net curtain so that stray gazes from across the way don't ignite an international incident of the " she saw me in my nightdress " variety.

The bars are there to deter burglars, not so much from climbing up the drainpipes but more from abseiling down from the roof. The floors most likely to be burgled in a building here are the ground floor and the top floor.

The next photo is the view from my house at home in England.

Spot the difference.

1 comment:

Abigail A. Percy said...

Hello! Thanks for stopping by the blog...very nice to hear from you!

...the citrine necklace you liked was actually given to my Mum for her birthday, but I have since made others very similar {the stones can be slightly different}....the one on the blog was 18carat yellow gold, and was priced at £400.00 -- the same design could be made in 18ct gold plated silver for less. If you are interested..drop me a line at abigailpercy@gmail.com

Thanks! Happy Halloween ;)

xx, abigail