Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Just outside the city boundary.

At Boulogne-Billancourt, a quick 6 minute metro ride away, you are no longer in Paris proper. You are in Japan.
Or rather, in the Japanese garden at Jardins Albert Kahn.
The park comprises an English, a French, an Orchard and a Prairie garden as well as an eerie blue conifer forest, which didn't photograph well as the eau-de-nil needles came out as dull grey.

Like all Paris parks, it is not very big and you can meander around it easily in well under an hour but it is green and a welcome break from the tarmac.

1 comment:

Learningtoblog said...

Now I have some connection with this blogging lark, I feel empowered, nay inspired, to leave a comment - if only so that BD doesn't call me bad names any more!

A couple of the things I like about these postings are the whimsical nature of them and the picturesqueness (is that a word? - add it to the list of our neologisms).

And now I am inspired to add a couple of gardeny pics to my blog.

Thanks!