Friday, June 22, 2007

Unexpected trip back home.

We hadn't expected to be back in the UK quite so soon but No 1 son was admitted to hospital for some intravenous treatment. He was in for one night and decided that, after the worst night of his life, he was better off outside and returning the next day for more treatment.
We arrived hot off the Eurostar in time to pick him up outside the hospital, take him home, feed him up and watch the colour return to his face. He had been in the Geriatric ward.

He is fine now and planning a trip to Paris.

But the bonus was that I got to see my garden in mid-May. Plants that I had never seen in flower were blooming. My roses had survived periods of drought with only sporadic emergency attention and were flush with pale blooms. Lavenders were just poised to show their colours. Aaaah ! Gorgeous.

And all's well that ends well.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Gosh Joan it has been so long since I checked out your blog - loads has happened! All these visitors. Hope son number 1 soon picks up! He looks fine. But you never stop worrying - I still wonder where Mel is when she's home and I don't hear her come in!
Things are OK with us - just back from a week in Portugal but work soon seeps into every element of your being. Mel now finished uni but not a clue what to do and is totally skint but no evidence of a job of any sorts.